Frequently Asked Questions
We have formulated a list of frequently asked questions so you can read through them. If your question is not listed please feel free to call us ator fill in the contact us form below, and we will try to answer any and all questions you may have.
- Who are you?
- What do you do?
- Is A “We Buy Houses” Company Right For Me?
- Why Should I Choose You?
- Will you list my house with an agent on the MLS?
- How are you different from a real estate agent?
- Should I just list my house in CA with an agent?
- How does it work?
- Are there any obligations after I fill In the form?
- Do I Need To Clean Before I Move Out?
- Are there any fees or commissions to work with you?
- Do you pay fair prices for properties?
- My house is in terrible condition, will you still buy it?
- How do you determine the price to offer on my house?
- How many houses do you buy and what will you do with my house?
- How do I get started and get my free no obligation all cash offer?
1. Who Are You?
We are Shark Investment Group. We are the main duo of “We Buy Houses In California”. Of course we have a team that consists of our most excellent closing attorney, our contractor, and our agent that is listed as CA’s top 10 best agents!
Our “About Us” page will give you a very detailed picture of who we are, and what we are about. Visit that page now, come in and get to know us a little. We are accomplished, honest, and pleasant. We also have provided an easy to absorb video for your convenience below.
2. What Do You Do?
We Pay Cash For Houses In California, in any condition, or location. That is basically the gist of it. We are the ideal alternative if you need to sell your house without wanting to deal with the hassles of traditional listings. Even if time is not much of an issue, but still would like to avoid the expenses and annoyances of listing your house for sale here in CA with an agent, we are the perfect option.
3. Is A “We Buy Houses” Company Right For Me?
We are not desperate to sell our home in CA, nor are we in a hurry!
Believe it or not, the majority of sellers we have purchased houses in California from were not desperate to sell (at all), nor where they trying to escape foreclosure. Most of our clients choose us simply because they either have had bad experiences with listing their house with an agent, or they just don’t want to deal with repairs, constant walk-throughs or any hassle one experiences selling a house the traditional way.
Because we buy houses in any condition, as is, no matter the circumstance, location or issue you facing (if any), we often are a great option to consider to sell quick, and with ease.
Let us figure out the numbers and how much we can offer you in cash for your home in CA, and we will advise you if listing with an agent would be a better choice or not. After all, it doesn’t hurt to get an offer from us, our offers are completely free without any obligation to accept!
4. Why Should I Choose You?
Honestly, you absolutely do not have to choose us!
We are not desperate. We do not need to make a huge profit on each deal. By all means, do not let me tell you why you should choose us.
I will however tell you how we are different from the rest:
We Are The Top Ranking Home Buyers In California!
I know I know, everyone says this, but I am sure you saw this yourself when you found us online at the top of Google! What does this mean? It means many people that have dealt with us loved us. We do what we say and go through with the transaction. We are the popular choice.
We focus on you!
Let’s make sure you get cash for your house. Whether we buy your California house in cash, or an other company that we have vetted, spoken to, trust and trained, gives you a higher offer, you can be certain you get the highest offer on your house! Isn’t that nice of us!
So no, you do not have to choose us, but if you do want to choose us, just fill in this form and we will take care of you.
We are genuine and we are honest and we care. We are investors. Of course we need to make money, but that doesn’t mean it has to be at your expense, and that doesn’t mean we cannot go out of our way to genuinely help you without expecting anything in return!
5. Will Cash Home Buyers List My House On The MLS?
We will not list your house on the MLS. We are not agents. Our intention is to buy your house in cash, and rehab it in case any work needs to be done on it and sell it again at a profit. We have many solutions to buying your house, including seller financing, wholesaling and of course buying it for cash. All this ensures you will get your house sold fast!
6. How are you different from a real estate agent?
An agent does not actually buy your house. Agents market your house on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), in hopes a buyer will be interested. Agents charge commissions and fees. Listing your house in California with an agent means you pay closing costs, title fees, and have to tolerate countless of walkthroughs while the house is on the market which can be a long time.
We are two people with the cash and connections to other cash buyers interested in buying houses, rehab them and put it back on the market for sale for a profit. We are cash buyers and investors. We are the ones actually buying your house. We skip the entire “agent” process and jump immediately to the offer and closing on your property you have for sale in California. We cover the conventional expenses associated with selling a house like closing costs and inspections. The most notable difference is that we do not charge you any fees or commissions. As mentioned, we skip the entire “agent” process.
7. Should I just list my house in CA with an agent?
Honestly, we do not know… (yet)! We would need to take a look at your house, your situation, your timeline, your location your expectations, needs and requirements for us to give you a solid answer. And we are happy to provide you with our professional recommendation.
Many people do not understand the advantages and disadvantages of listing a house on the MLS. We would love to help you with this. If you would like that answer now, just fill in our form below and we will get in touch with you with what we believe is your best course of action concerning selling your house in California.
Maybe you have a few questions. That’s okay; most people do. So here’s a quick collection of some of the questions people ask us… along with our answers. If you still have a question, don’t hesitate to contact us (or give us a call) and we’ll be happy to answer it for you.
8. How Do I Sell My House Fast For Cash? Simply tell us a bit about your house. With this information we will do a market analysis on your house that will be used to present you with an all cash offer. If you accept that offer all there is left to do is receive your money at closing.
or more information visit our “How Do I Sell My CA House Fast“page if you have not done so already.
Now you must be wondering: Well, what happens after I fill in your form? Watch the video below for a very easy to understand and follow bird’s eye view of what happens after you fill out our form.
9. Are there any obligations after I fill in the form? There are no obligations, at all. We understand that you have options. We know there are people out there eager to scam you, and eager to take advantage of you and your situation. To distinguish ourselves from those, we make sure you know there are no costs to you. You truly and absolutely have nothing to lose. We make you an offer and if you accept the offer, great! You will get your cash quickly. If you do not accept the offer we will do our best to guide you in the right direction.
10. Do I Need To Clean Before I Move Out? Nope. Don’t worry about anything. Take what ever it is you want to take and leave the rest. And we mean it. Food in the fridge, clothes on the floor, mattresses, desks, furniture, heck we once found a racoon carcas in a wall. Gave our contractor a good scare but we don’t judge. Believe me when we say, we have seen it all. So why not make things easier and just take what you don’t want to part with and let us deal with the rest?
11. Are there any fees or commissions to work with you?There is no money out of your pocket. All fees are paid by us (we get it back when we sell the rehabbed house to an other buyer).
12. Do you pay fair prices for properties? Very good question. Yes we definitely pay fair prices. But please know there is a difference between a fair price and market value. If the house is in bad shape, we take the market value of the house and subtract all the cost of repairs needed and we come up with number that obviously is a fair price. In some special cases we can present highly competitive offers at market value. However, usually those cases do not allow us to pay all cash. Seller financing is one such of such cases. For more information on fair offers I have written a simple example on how such “below market offers” may still be the best offer scenario.
13. My house is in terrible condition, will you still buy it? We buy homes in California in any condition good or bad. We are mainly flippers, so the more room for improvement, the more attractive your house is to us. So, Yes, absolutely! We’d love to buy your house even if it is in bad shape, and you may be surprised by how much we will offer for your house! Just fill in our form and see how much we will offer you in cash for your house in CA!
14. How do you determine the price to offer on my house? Basically:
1. We Determine The Market Value Of Your Home In CA.
It all starts with a CMA ( Comparable Market Analysis). We look at all the houses that have recently been sold within a 1 mile radius of your house, that are very similar (comparable) to your house, (same square footage, number of beds/baths etc. ).
We then look at their sold price. This gives us a very accurate market value of your house, if your house is in the exact same condition of these other houses that have been sold.
2. We Determine The Cost Of Repairs.
The cost of repairs is the cost associated with bringing your house to a very similar condition as all the other houses in your area that are similar to yours that have recently been sold. During the walkthrough we note what needs to be repaired. We do this with the help of our trusted contractors. We want to keep the costs down so we only repair what we really have to repair.
Keeping the cost down ensures the highest offer we can present to you.
3. We Make You An Offer.
Based on our findings which we share with you, we present you with our offer. Because we are transparent we explain in full detail how we come up with the offer and show you the reapairs and the CMA of your market. The offer is a no obligation to accept offer. You can ether accept the offer or decline it without cost as everything is free to you.
If you accept the offer we can discuss a closing date where you will receive your cash and be completely done with the house! Congratulations, you just sold your house without any hassled, fees or commissions.
15. Here is a popular question:
How many houses do you buy and what will you do with my house?
—We get this question – all – the – time!!
We buy many many houses ;). And what we do with them? Simple. We buy them, rehab them and sell them again at a profit. We refurbish and bring new life to neighborhoods. Good for the people, good for the economy, good for everyone!
Q: Will you be listing my house on the MLS or actually buying it?
A: Great question. We’re not agents, and we don’t list houses. We are professional home buyers: We buy houses California that meet our purchasing criteria. From there we may repair the house and resell it to another homeowner or keep it as a rental ourselves.
Q: Do you pay fair prices for properties?
A: Many of the houses we purchase are below market value (we do this so we can resell it at a profit to another homeowner). We are looking to get a fair discount on a property. However, in our experience, many sellers aren’t necessarily expecting a large “windfall” on the property but rather appreciate that we can offer cash, we close very quickly (no waiting for financing), and no time or effort or expense is required on your part of fix up the property or pay agent fees. If that’s what you’re looking for and you see the value in getting your house sold fast… let’s see if we can come to a fair win-win price. (Besides, our no-obligation pricing commitment means that you do not have to move forward with the offer we give… but it’s good to know what we’re offering!)
DOWNLOAD our free guide that walks you through the Pros and Cons (plus the cost and timeline) of selling your house to a real estate investor… plus learn the pros, cons, and costs of the other two alternatives… listing with an agent or selling it yourself.
Q: How do you determine the price to offer on my house?
A: Great question, and we’re an open book: Our process is very straightforward. We look at the location of the property, what repairs are needed, the current condition of the property, and values of comparable houses sold in the area recently. As you know, house values have taken a huge hit in the last 5 years and most areas still haven’t seen prices come back up. We take many pieces of information into consideration… and come up with a fair price that works for us and works for you too.
Q: Are there any fees or commissions to work with you?
A: This is what makes us stand out from the traditional method of selling your house: There are NO fees or commissions when you sell your house to us. We’ll make you an offer, and if it’s a fit then we’ll buy your house (and we’ll often pay for the closing costs too!). No hassle. No fees. We make our money after we pay for repairs on the house (if any) and sell it for a profit (we’re taking the risks here on whether we can sell it for a profit or not, once we buy the house from you… the responsibility is ours and you walk away without the burden of the property and its payments… and often with cash in your hand).
Q: How are you different from a real estate agent?
A: Real estate agents list properties and hope that someone will buy them. The agent shows the properties to prospective buyers if there are any (the average time to sell a property in many markets right now is 6-12 months) and then take a percentage of the sale price if they find a buyer. Oftentimes, the agent’s commission is 3-6% of the sale price of your house (so if it’s a $100,000 house, you’ll pay between $3,000 – $6,000 in commissions to an agent). Agents provide a great service for those that can wait 6-12 months to sell and who don’t mind giving up some of that sale price to pay for the commissions. But that’s where we’re different: We’re not agents, we’re home buyers. Our company actually buys houses. We don’t list houses. Since we’re actually the one buying the house from you, and we pay with all cash… we can make a decision to buy your house within a couple of days (sometimes the same day). Again, we make our living by taking the risk to buy the house with our own cash, repair the house, and market it ourselves to find a buyer (which is the hard part in this market).
Q: Is there any obligation when I submit my info?
A: There is absolutely zero obligation for you. Once you tell us a bit about your property, we’ll take a look at things, maybe set up a call with you to find out a bit more, and make you an all-cash offer that’s fair for you and fair for us. From there, it’s 100% your decision on whether or not you’d like to sell your house to us… and we won’t hassle you, won’t harass you… it’s 100% your decision and we’ll let you decide what’s right for you.
Want To See What We Can Buy Your House For?
Fill Out The Quick Form Below To Get A No-Hassle, No-Obligation, All-Cash Offer
Learn The Pros and Cons Of Selling Your House To Local Professional Home Buyer– FREE Guide:
Download our FREE Guide here. Or, you can always feel free to Contact us anytime if you have questions, want a no hassle Situation Evaluation, or want to just learn more about how we can help homeowners sell unwanted properties for cash.
Get the FREE Guide and then give us a call at (408)831-0207 and we’ll discuss what your home is worth and what we can offer to buy it for with our Cash Offer Program.